Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Uh Oh Oreo!

Today was a continuation of the success we have been having with the kittens. All three sit on our laps now and eat the baby food that is presented to them. Also as of today both Oreo and Tiberius have purred while in our hands. They are all still scared which is to be expect with kittens who were feral less than two weeks ago. Slowly but surely though they are coming around. I usually spend most of my day in the room with them and  they have obviously become more and more comfortable every day. They started cleaning themselves and playing with each other well they know I'm watching. Oreo keeps getting his claw stuck in one of the covers to the shelf his brothers are lying on and I run into the closet yelling "Uh Oh Oreo" (hence the title of the blog entry and yes I realize its a horrible joke but I'm usually tired when I write these) The funniest moment though must have been when I saw Moony (the black one) walking away and Oreo playing with his tail. Not far behind Tiberius was chasing Oreo's tail and as I stood up I saw Moony heading towards Tiberius's tail. A chain of kittens playing with each others tails, it was soooooooo cute!


The three brothers in their crate!

Last night we were doing baby food and socializing with the kittens. We started with Moony  and after we were done with the food I was holding him and the lights went out. This resulted in me with a kitten in the pitch black and my mom leaving the room to see if the circuit breaker had shorted out. A few minutes later the lights and fans all came back on at the same time and since I was lying down with Moony i had a very scared kitten on my chest. Oy but at least it had past right? So we take out Tiberius and did the same deal. Once again when we were done with the food the lights turned off again. Again scared kitten this time though as soon as the lights came back on we tossed the kitten in the crate and Oreo didn't get any time with us. This turned out to be smart since then the lights went out for almost two hours. Nice family bonding time since we had two flashlights for five people. After about 20 minutes we had found candles and were all set to go to sleep. On the bright side I did get a few photos for my other blog!

No rants today, too tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment