Monday, July 18, 2011

Three days to go (and rant about British turned American shows)

Not much going on today. I woke up and felt like a car had hit my head. I think it might have something to do with my Insomnia. I have had Insomnia for a while I don't think its ever acted up for a two plus months. I'm going to bed at four AM and waking up constantly before just waking up around eleven. I have been feeling it more and more the past couple of days. Hopefully I can get everything back to normal when I go home.

The only real updates on the kittens are 1) Black and white is named Oreo (and male) and 2) Oreo has let me hold him twice, never struggling or biting. Mama cat was hanging around all day and even came up to me while I was feeding the babies to hiss and spit at me. The kittens also hiss more when mama is around. I don't think I could wait much longer to get them home, they need to get away from mama. I'm very much looking forward to getting them home in three days. I'm just not sure they can wait much longer.

Random rant is on British TV shows that America decides need an American version of. I have been watching the British sit com Coupling, very funny show, for those of you with netflix you can check it out as a watch instantly. My mother confirmed my belief that there was an American version of the show as well, me being the curious guy I am decided to Youtube it last night before bed. They basically took the same script but somehow ruined it. The British actors had better timing and even from the first episode just seemed to understand their characters better. Now this is not to say that no British turned American show is good. I find The Office a fun show. It did take a little while to get there but I think the biggest difference was that it wasn't a carbon copy, they changed it, they didn't keep the same characters. I think for the most part though unless you can make it your own TV networks should leave British shows alone, its not like its in a different language or anything. Rant over.

Red Sox game didn't take five hours today so that was nice.

3 comments:

  1. As much as I hate to travel, I'm looking forward to meeting your babies tomorrow. Looking forward less to the long drive back with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the shows, both ways, from here to there and there to here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen shows that have tried to go from here to there but if you could tell me some I would check them out. Its my guilty pleasure now. I even tried the American Red Dwarf which was beyond horrible. Right now I'm on a classic Sit Com rampage with Cheers.

    ReplyDelete