Saturday, July 30, 2011

Purrfect day (yes mom I hear you groaning from the title)

Today we finally let the kittens out. This was all preceded by the fact that we had to make it impossible for them to go underneath my parents king sized bed. This was done by remaking a box of wood that were previously under their bed. Luckily my dad and I had some help....

Kaylee even held up a side for us

What a great cat right? Kaylee then decided it would be better just to watch over us.

 
Anyways despite Kaylees best efforts to have all our attention all the time we finally got the box made and their bed back together. So now its time to see what the kittens would do if they are allowed out in the room so we opened the bottom and left the room. When I came back Oreo had gotten out and climbed the outside of the crate and found a nice play to lay down.

Where were the other two you may ask?

ThatThats right still in the crate. So I left again and a couple of hours later my mother and I went in to talk to all three of them. So my mom took Moony and I took Ty. After a couple of minutes my mom turns to me and informs me that Moony is purring, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrg another kitten purring and still the none of them had done that for me yet. Not even a minute later I hear something from my lap. TY WAS PURRING!!!! I felt so validated. Yes I realize that its probably not the best to seek validation from a kitten but hey my future therapist needs something to start on right? So my mom left a little while after and I found Oreo and started his socialization time. After a few minutes Oreo was also purring. This is the first time we know for sure that all three of them had purred and its amazing to think three weeks ago they didn't even let me pet them. I then spent three hours playing a old video game and letting the kittens see me (yes maybe it was more for the video game but what else am I suppose to do in NM?) More time with the kittens tomorrow and hopefully more purrs. Maybe we will also try them with some of the cats around our house? who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment