Friday, July 29, 2011

Rabie cats!

So today we got the results of the stool sample we left with the vet yesterday, the results were negative for worms but neither us or the vet really believed that so we are going again and medicating them anyways. Makes me wonder why we had to take in the stool sample but whatever no harm done. Now the pills we had to give them were HUGE especially compared to my kittens tiny little mouths. The good news? We only had to give them half a pill each and then nothing till three weeks down the road. I felt so bad but my kittens are strong and took the pills like champs. I know its only been one day since I put the frontline on them but they were so much healthier today. Their coats were nicer than they were and they seemed so happy not to be eaten alive by fleas. They were in very rotten moods today though. might be in part because of the shot they got yesterday. Maybe it was because now that they are flea free we are not only leaving the closet door open but also the room door so that hey can get use to the other cats. I did hold and talk to all three of them today and I got the picture of Oreos tail so if you have suggestions for another name let me know.

 Tiberius
 Moony
 Oreos tail

Oreo

We also decided we should frontline the other cats in the house so as to stop any further fleas spreading through our cat population. Most of the cats though not extremely happy with us just kind of hissed and ran away. It however had a much different affect on Kaylee, usually one of the more quite and laid back cats not only hissed but would try and bite us. When we finally let her go she ran away from us for a while and now the really odd part starting attacking every other cat that passed her. This ended up with a room full of cats all looking like they are going to attack each other. There were more cat fights in an hour than I have seen the entire time I have been home. I wasn't sure if I gave them frontline or rabies.

Kaylee in her angry state.

I haven't mentioned my dogs much on this blog but thats mostly cause the cats do much funnier or note worthy things. Our chocolate lab Hershey woke up and was very obviously sick all over himself. This led to us having to take him to a pet store and clean him ourselves. It was a fun day with that but he seems very tired and wasn't his usual happy self.  Once we got him cleaned and dried he spent the rest of the day just lying down and relaxing. My poor baby puppy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for him and the kittens (and my rabies infected cat)

No comments:

Post a Comment