Monday, August 1, 2011

No purrfect pun for the day (last one I promise!)

I realized today that I had been talking about the kittens as a group and not as individuals so I thought I would go kitten by kitten and give the updates today.

Before I start I will mention that in the plan that I am following they said that each kitten will socialize at their own rate. This is very obvious as we have three kittens in very different stages.

Oreo--the purr slut: Oreo is the one I have had the longest and if you don't include the time I caught him then he has never really bitten or scratched me. As my mom says there is always one kitten that is the most adventurous and its very obviously Oreo. Though he will never walk up to us when we are sitting on the bed he doesn't being picked up and held. It has gotten to the point with him that after one or two pets he will be purring loudly. He was the first I actually held and petted and to think I have had him for three weeks almost to the day (since my blog has been around for three weeks now thats what I assume) and now he lets me hold him and he purrs. So proud of my little Oreo.

Tiberius -- the hiss lover: I will start off by saying I love Tabby kittens. I love that they have such big patterns on such a little body. Ty is an odd one. He likes to be petted and even purrs after some coercing but, and I'm not sure if this is because mama did this, he will always hiss at us right up to the moment we pet him. He won't swipe at us or anything he just hisses. He also has one of the most expressive faces I have ever seen on a cat/kitten. And he LOVES the baby food. The other two like it but Ty loves it. Today when we were feeding them I did my usually and had him watch the food (because I love the face he makes (I will try to get a picture of it)) Today he decided instead of just moving his head he would literally just follow it with his body and walk until I gave it to him. This was actually believe it or not a good sign. He was willing to not be scared of us long enough to walk around the bed for the food and that he trusted me enough to eat close to me without being held.

Moony-- The odd one out: Moony for some reason or another is just so far behind his siblings. Catching him to feed him is an adventure every time. He loves food and will purr but he does not trust us very much. Today my mom and I decided that he needed a little more socializing time but we didn't really want to deal with catching him every time and getting more scratches. We came up with a plan to put him in the bathroom by himself during the day and when we aren't there socializing him we will leave the radio series The hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy on so that he can become more and more use to human voices.

Well I will also mention that Kaylee once again spent a lot of time with the kittens today and despite her best efforts they remained uninterested. There was a major breakthrough though! MOONY AND OREO PLAYED WITH THE LASER POINTER!!!! Now the fun begins for me!

Pictures then I'm out!




No comments:

Post a Comment