Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Synchronized purring

should be a Olympic sport, and if it was my kittens would be the gold medalists. After yesterday when my mother and I realized that we should probably be talking and spending more time with the kittens her and I had another talk about how I just hated running around the room and scaring this kittens more and more each time so we came up with a plan. PUT ALL THREE KITTENS IN THE BATHROOM! We figured out that maybe we started them off with to much space and they just needed less space with less hiding spots. So this morning we started the process of trying to find them. Oreo and Ty were in the shower so they were easy. I closed the door and for the second time ever I saw what I can only call a complete freak out. Ty just started running around and was hissing at everything (including the door) I hate to say it but it was so funny. Moony didn't take a long time to find and place in the bathroom. Then I remembered something I read about them loving sinks and as I was about to mention that to my mom she walked in with a towel for the sink. Great minds right? So we placed them in the sink and let them calm down. This is what we walked in on the next time we came in.




Where did Ty go for that one picture you might ask? He wanted to look out the window so we let him.

This picture reminded me so much of my old cat named Ashy who we had to give away to a family who could let him run around the whole house and not worry about him peeing on everything.

Obviously they have their differences but wow. I've been talking to my mom a lot about how I don't think I realized how in love with Tabby cats I am. Kaylee counts right?

Anyways every time we went in they were calmer then ever before (even in the crate) and let us pick them up and pet them. They would even just sit on our laps and purr and purr. We made the right choice about where to keep them it just took us a while. So we decided to leave them in there for a couple more days before giving them a little more room. We might take Kaylee in there tomorrow so they can get use to the other cats.  Anyways the last time we went in for the night we brought them Ham baby food (which as you should know by now is their favorite) and sat there and petted them throughout their meal. They weren't always sure but they kept eating for the most part.

And after their meal we sat their for a good ten to fifteen just holding them and Ty Moony and Oreo were all purring very loudly and in unison hence the title. This was the best I have felt at the end of the day with these kittens. But it might be because I left them to this.


I don't know why one always has to be looking up but whatever floats their boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment