Monday, October 31, 2011

Interlude With Kittens 3

I was going to put these in one of my blogs, but decided to post them here instead. The feral kittens are settling in quite nicely.

We had a brief interlude here with a litter of true babies that needed fostering. One of the older kittens was interested, but never got too close -- which was just as well because the baby kittens had panleukopenia and well, it wasn't pretty or fun. We lost all four of them in the end, and had to thoroughly disinfect everything in the house to help prevent the spread of the disease to our healthy cats.

But that's another story. Back to our summer kittens, born in the wild. Right before this picture was taken, Tiberias T. Tiger was smack dab in the middle of this group of cats and soliciting Parker (the grey cat sitting up) to love on him a bit. She actually groomed him for a moment -- which is when I ran to get to the camera. Of course, by the time I returned, they were all done with that nonsense.
However, Tiberias has inserted himself into the crowd that sleeps on the bed with me. He likes to sneak up along my side so that I can pet him and scratch his head.

Moony continues to look more and more like Puck.
He still does not totally trust us, but he likes to be fed and he likes to play with the laser pointers on the bed at night. In fact, if I'm not fast enough to bring them out, he sits at the foot of the bed and stares at me until there's something to chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment