Thursday, August 16, 2012

Update


I'm sure nobody checks this anymore because it has been so long but I decided tonight that it was time to update once more. Sadly I have no kitten pictures for you to enjoy (you can blame my mom) so you will just have to be okay with my inner ramblings. Since the last time I posted I have moved, taken the GRE, almost completed my Vet school applications and become one step closer to graduating. The move was relativity painless, I say relatively because I had to deal with one of the sleaziest people I have ever known but now I don't live with him anymore and will probably never have to talk to him again. The GRE was stressful but I can honestly say that is probably the most I have ever put into a single test and I'm so grateful for my mother who helped me study not stop for two months. Then came the hard part, applying to vet school, what everything I have worked for the past four to six years. This is the scary part, seeing if any of the schools actually accept me, I think I have a strong application and I think I am tossing my net just wide enough but who knows with these things it feels like a toss up. I wish I had found the internship I have now a year ago so I could put that on my application but that is neither here no there.

Oh yes I did find an internship, its a vet clinic call The Pet Doctors of Sherman Oaks. This is probably the best opportunity that I have found ever. I will be able to shadow the vets there through their routines as well as learning how to probably do many things including: restraining animals, clipping their toe nails, read their vitals during surgery and my personal favorite (.......)  how to expel dogs anal glands! Yeah I know pretty gross stuff, but it should be a great opportunity and worse comes to worse I  will have this experience for applications for next year if need be. My biggest worry is that my mom is going to want me to do this stuff to our family pets so right here right now I'm saying NO! Okay maybe.

School starts again in two weeks. Hard to believe that I am a senior in college. Wow this seemed so far off not that long ago. So many mixed emotions. Happy.excited to be past college (almost) scared for the next parts. But such is life and I got a pretty empty class schedule this year compared to years past, more time to work!

So that is my life in a nutshell right now, maybe I will try to update this blog more, even if its once every week or so. I start my internship tomorrow so that should be fun/exhausting. But hey I get to wear scrubs!

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment